‘I’m going to bill you for my time,’ blasts Walmart shoppers over long lines and do-it-yourself bagging self-checkout | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01

New Photo - 'I'm going to bill you for my time,' blasts Walmart shoppers over long lines and do-it-yourself bagging self-checkout | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01
'I'm going to bill you for my time,' blasts Walmart shoppers over long lines and do-it-yourself bagging self-checkout | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01

WALMART shoppers are struggling to stay loyal to the store amid growing frustrations with self-checkout.

Airing out on social media, customers say they say they're sick of bagging their own groceries and dealing with long lines.

'I'm going to bill you for my time,' blasts Walmart shoppers over long lines and do-it-yourself bagging self-checkout
'I'm going to bill you for my time,' blasts Walmart shoppers over long lines and do-it-yourself bagging self-checkout
Some Walmart shoppers say they feel like they're working for the store when they use self-checkout
Getty
'I'm going to bill you for my time,' blasts Walmart shoppers over long lines and do-it-yourself bagging self-checkout
'I'm going to bill you for my time,' blasts Walmart shoppers over long lines and do-it-yourself bagging self-checkout
Walmart has implemented a series of changes to its checkout policies in an effort to curb theft
Getty

In an effort to cut back and curb theft in the wake of financial struggles, Walmart is revising its self-checkout policies.

But customers are still consistently frustrated over the same issues.

"I am still waiting on my paycheck for working there every single time I have to use self-checkout," said one customer on X, the website formerly known as Twitter.

It's common for Walmart customers to say they feel like they're working for the retailer when using the kiosks.

With 77 grocery items, I had to bag my own stuff at self checkout," one user recalled after saying they waited 20 minutes for an associate to unhook a television they were buying due to the store's anti-theft policies.

"I am going to start to bill you for my time if you can't solve for these service issues," they continued.

Walmart responded back with a post, imploring the user to provide more details on the shopping experience the retailer said it "does not want" for the customer.

But stories vary from store to store, with one user saying their local Walmart "regularly forces [them] to use self checkout due to zero cashiers."

They described their self-checkout process as "soooo slow" because they "try to show everything clear on the cameras to avoid false accusations" of stealing.

"The lack of any human cashiers is why I don't shop at Walmart anymore," another user responded to them.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

Meanwhile, another X user said their local Walmart has "no human cashiers and the self-checkout line is ALWAYS long as f**k!"

"Please hire more cashiers," pled one user in response.

Walmart has shuttered self-checkout in some locations to prevent theft, and Target has reportedly followed suit at some locations.

Meanwhile, some users say their local Walmart is still open but with a limit of 20 items.

The U.S. Sun reached out to Walmart in a request for comment.

    </div>  </div>  

THE PRICE OF SELF-CHECKOUT

Shoppers are also frustrated that some Walmart locations have reserved self-checkout lanes for Walmart+ or Spark Drivers.

The policy has gotten twisted by customers over time, with many spreading the rumor that Walmart is charging $98 yearly just to use the self-checkout.

But Walmart has denied these allegations repeatedly as well as ones that claim the change was made to increase Walmart+ subscriptions.

"It is not intended to increase the W+ memberships," Joe Pennington, a Walmart spokesperson, told The U.S. Sun.

A new policy at Target has set an age limit for who can shop alone.

Plus, Walmart announced a major "right-size" change and shoppers will see the difference on certain items with less "waste."

#going #bill #blasts #walmart #shoppers #over #long #lines #doityourself #bagging #selfcheckout #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Money

More >> https://ift.tt/lib50VC Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.