‘I buy all things,’ says Costco shopper who got refund on discontinued washer & dryer – but claims they’ve earned it | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01

New Photo - 'I buy all things,' says Costco shopper who got refund on discontinued washer & dryer – but claims they've earned it | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01
'I buy all things,' says Costco shopper who got refund on discontinued washer & dryer – but claims they've earned it | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01

A COSTCO shopper explained how they were refunded $2,000 after returning a washer and dryer set after nearly a year.

Costco's famous 100% satisfaction guarantee policy does have a few exceptions.

'I buy all things,' says Costco shopper who got refund on discontinued washer & dryer – but claims they've earned it
'I buy all things,' says Costco shopper who got refund on discontinued washer & dryer – but claims they've earned it
Getty
Costco has a famously generous return policy (stock image)[/caption]
'I buy all things,' says Costco shopper who got refund on discontinued washer & dryer – but claims they've earned it
'I buy all things,' says Costco shopper who got refund on discontinued washer & dryer – but claims they've earned it
Getty
A Costco shopper explained how they were able to return an old washer and dryer (stock image)[/caption]

Most electronics have a 90-day return limit, but one shopper explained how they were able to take back a washer and dryer after almost a year of use.

In a thread on Reddit, the Costco member said returning the items was their last choice.

"A store manager let me return a Costco.com washer/dryer set once, $2k, that was really junk, that really I had five service calls on over my 11 months of ownership," they wrote.

"I buy all things that I can buy from Costco. We have an executive membership and I'm sure we spend $60k there a year between all cardholders."

The executive membership is the top tier at Costco and costs $120 annually but includes a free household card for family members.

Another shopper had a similar story about an expensive vacuum they bought.

"I had the Tineco wet vacuum that would keep dying with the battery within minutes a few months in. Tineco warrantied the first and then the second unit had the same issue two months in," they wrote.

"Costco came to the rescue a year after purchase. Gotta love it – if you buy something that's crap, you don't have to worry."

AN EARLY WARNING

While these shoppers had no issue returning items, that isn't always the case.

Costco keeps a close eye on how many returns shoppers make to ensure they aren't taking advantage of the lenient policy.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

But some people still push their luck.

In another Reddit thread, a shopper explained that an employee warned them about how many returns they made.

"I'm one of those frequent returners that doesn't give a f**k," they wrote in the post.

"My brother-in-law told me all the stories about people returning things years later, and he even returned his Traeger [grill] two years after he bought it."

They had returned a three-year-old beard trimmer missing some pieces and a $150 electric toothbrush in a short time span.

"Fast forward to today's return. The lady was like, 'Take this how you want, but out of the 20 things you've bought in my department, 12 have been returned,'" they wrote.

"She was nice about it, basically giving me a heads up that someone could think that was sketchy.

"I don't feel bad because I'm using the product, and if it breaks or stops working, I return it and buy another."

                        <p class="article__content--intro">                  What are the details of the famous return policy?               </p>          </div>  </div>  

Even after the warning, they contemplated returning another pricey item, a Dyson vacuum.

"I mean, I've spent thousands there, but should I be worried about them blocking my membership?" they questioned.

Someone responded that they would likely be banned from making returns before their membership was revoked.

"It will come to the point that every return will require you to wait for a manager to come talk to you and approve or deny it," they wrote.

"As long as you're not a d**k you'll just have to deal with that. If you become hostile, you'll be banned and trespassed for at least a year."

One Costco shopper canceled their membership after being told they couldn't return a rotten piece of fish.

Meanwhile, another customer tried to return a television that was over 20 years old.

#buy #things #says #costco #shopper #who #got #refund #discontinued #washer #dryer #claims #theyve #earned #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Money

More >> https://ift.tt/lib50VC Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.