‘I haven’t had my check in 21 months,’ cries Social Security user who claims IRS issue and now she’s stuck on hold | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01

New Photo - 'I haven't had my check in 21 months,' cries Social Security user who claims IRS issue and now she's stuck on hold | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01
'I haven't had my check in 21 months,' cries Social Security user who claims IRS issue and now she's stuck on hold | 3V98ZFG | 2024-05-12 17:08:01

A SOCIAL Security beneficiary is facing some gloomy news after not getting their check for months.

In a comment on a Social Security Association (SSA) Facebook post, this user aired their grievances.

'I haven't had my check in 21 months,' cries Social Security user who claims IRS issue and now she's stuck on hold
'I haven't had my check in 21 months,' cries Social Security user who claims IRS issue and now she's stuck on hold
A person impacted by the situation conveyed their troubling ordeal in a comment on the aforementioned post. (Stock Image)
Getty Images - Getty

The SSA shared a post on how to appeal an overpayment decision or amount to the agency along with ways to waive the debt if you're unable to pay it back.

An affected individual, who has been receiving Social Security Administration (SSA) benefits for 18 years, shared their distressing experience in a comment on the aforementioned post.

"I personally haven't had my check in 21 months," they lamented. "How do you expect us to live without money?"

The individual continued, "I have been trying all this time since July 2022 responding showing agents actual documents of payments not received also have fixed my IRS issue.

"When I call them… no answer or after being on hold an hour; call drop," the affected individual recounted.

"They don't pay me because of any reason they come up with out of the clear blue sky," they added.

                    <!-- End of Brightcove Player -->  

OVERPAYMENT PAINS

This kind of issue is not rare for those who do are being paid through Social Security.

A recipient of Social Security benefits has alleged that they are being demanded to reimburse thousands of dollars due to an apparent overpayment matter.

Expressing frustration, the individual asserted that they were provided with just a single month to generate the required funds and remit them to the SSA.

"I just got a notice giving me only 30 days to pay back $5,235.80," the recipient wrote in a post to a SSA blog on Facebook.

"I would have to dip into my dwindling IRA funds to get this kind of cash, which would further cause me to get hit with income tax on these funds," he added.

"I don't see an 'effective as of' date anywhere."

According to the recipient's remarks, it appears that they were not informed in advance about the overpayments until the total reached $5,235.80.

Overpayments may arise from either a mistake made by the recipient or by the SSA.

If the SSA is accountable for the error, they will notify the recipient accordingly.

Typically, the repayment procedure can be tailored to accommodate the recipient's circumstances, with deductions periodically made from future checks.

                        <p class="article__content--intro">                  Those who cannot afford to pay back the overpayment amounts noted by the SSA or feel they should not have to can file a specific form.              </p>          </div>  </div>  

Elsewhere, another Social Security beneficiary lodged an appeal with the administration after experiencing a decrease in her benefits stemming from an overpayment dating back three years.

Additionally, a separate beneficiary was informed that they owed SSA over $8,000 due to being overpaid.

#havent #check #21 #months #cries #social #security #user #who #claims #irs #issue #now #shes #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Money

More >> https://ift.tt/lib50VC Source: MAG NEWS

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.