Jimmy Kimmel roasts White House for fan-casting Donald Trump as James Bond: '007 is his approval rating'

Jimmy Kimmel is calling out the White House for suggesting Donald Trump be cast as the next James Bond.

Entertainment Weekly Jimmy Kimmel on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Daniel Craig in 'No Time to Die,' and Donald Trump at the White HouseCredit: Randy Holmes/ABC via Getty; Nicola Dove/MGM; Aaron Schwartz/Sipa/Bloomberg via Getty

Key Points

  • The White House shared a poster of Trump dressed as agent 007 after Amazon announced that the search to find Bond was officially underway.

  • "Grab him by the octopussy! We got a new James Bond in town," Kimmel joked.

Jimmy Kimmelis shaken, not stirred, by the White House recently postingan image of Donald Trump dressed as James Bond.

On Saturday, the White House'sofficial X accountreacted to Amazon’sannouncement that the search to find the next 007 is underwayby posting an image of the president dressed as Bond, James Bond. The black-and-white visual, which appears to draw inspiration from a poster for 2021’sNo Time to Die,sees Trump dressed in a tuxedo and holding a pistol equipped with a silencer.

Kimmel, naturally, had some thoughts on the White House’s fan-casting on Monday’s episode ofJimmy Kimmel Live.

“The White House jumped on the crazy train and posted this, suggesting that Trump would be the next James Bond,” he remarked as the image was displayed on screen. “Grab him by the octopussy! We got a new James Bond in town.”

Daniel Craig as James Bond in 'No Time to Die'Credit: Nicola Dove/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios

“I think 007 is his approval rating right now,” Kimmel quipped.

This isn’t the first time that the White House has edited Trump into popular film and television franchises.

Earlier this month, the White Houseposted an image of Trump dressed as the Mandalorian with little baby Groguin honor ofStar WarsDay. The image, justlike theStar Warsimagery the White House has shared beforeit, drew swift backlash on social media. "This has caused a major disturbance in the force today. Yikes," one user wrote in response.

In addition to the Bond graphic, Kimmel also reacted to the president posting “a whole bunch of slop” on social media over the weekend, including an AI-generated image of himself walking alongside a really buff alien.

“He posted an image of himself walking with a handcuffed extraterrestrial. Why? We don’t know,” the host said. “All we know for sure is that the alien appears to be doing CrossFit. He’s in very good shape.”

Advertisement

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

Others, including Utah senator Mike Lee, were also confused by Trump’s captionless alien “photo.”

“Not sure what this means but I’m here for it,” Leewrote on X.

“I’ll tell you what it means, Mike. It means the guy with the nuclear codes is out of his goddamn mind,” Kimmel replied. “That’s what it means. But I’m glad you’re there for it.”

Kimmel also addressed an image Trump posted that included a text box that claimed the 79-year-old looked like he was aging in reverse.

“Uh, you’re not aging in reverse,” he deadpanned. “Wearing diapers does not mean you’re aging in reverse, okay?”

“Imagine being a very unpopular president in the middle of a very unpopular war,” Kimmel later said. “The cost of everything is skyrocketing. Gas is very expensive. And you are spending your time posting online about how hot you are, how you captured an alien, and how you should be the next James Bond.”

Watch Kimmel discuss the wave of strange new Trump images in the clip above.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Jimmy Kimmel roasts White House for fan-casting Donald Trump as James Bond: '007 is his approval rating'

Jimmy Kimmel is calling out the White House for suggesting Donald Trump be cast as the next James Bond. Key Points ...
'We’re working on it': Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on Ebola, hantavirus response

Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. told ABC News on Monday that his agency is working to address the recent hantavirus and Ebola outbreaks, marking the first time he’s commented publicly on the Ebola outbreak since the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed than anAmerican had been infectedwith the virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

ABC News

“Yeah, we’re working on it,” Kennedy told ABC News when asked if he was worried about the outbreaks. The secretary’s comments come after the CDC said a “small number of Americans" are directly affected by the current Ebola outbreak in the DRC.

Kennedy did not respond when asked what his message might be to Americans who are concerned about the diseases potentially spreading in America. He told reporters in the Oval Office last week that the U.S. had the hantavirus outbreak “under control.”

“We have this under control and we're not worried about it,” he said at the White House’s maternal healthcare event on May 11th. Kennedy also noted that the CDC has been working on the outbreak since day one.

The CDC said there have been no confirmed hantavirus cases in the U.S. linked to the MV Hondius cruise ship and 18 passengers remain under observation at the University of Nebraska.

Advertisement

American doctor tests positive for Ebola in Democratic Republic of Congo outbreak

Meanwhile, Kennedy's brief comments about the outbreaks came following a roundtable event announcing nearly $1 billion in new funding to states to address PFAS in drinking water at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Monday.

The secretary has been on a midterm blitz recently, touting the administration's Make America Healthy Again (MAHA) movement during stops including Ohio and California.

At a subsequent event featuring Kennedy and other health leaders at the White House, Deputy Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy Heidi Overton stressed that “there are no cases of Ebola in America.”

Deputy Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy Heidi Overton stressed during the event that “there are no cases of Ebola in America.”

“We want to keep it that way and we are doing everything we can to support Americans in the region,” Overton added.

'We’re working on it': Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on Ebola, hantavirus response

Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. told ABC News on Monday that his agency is working to address the recent hant...
The network will begin broadcasting the series between …

Advertisement

USA TODAY

ESPN’s plans for Inside the NBA for the Eastern Conference Finals have come into focus.The network will begin broadcasting the series between the Knicks and Cavaliers on Tuesday night. An ESPN spokesperson confirmed to Front Office Sports that the plans for the iconic studio show, which it is licensing from TNT, are as follows:Every ECF game will have a one-hour pregame show, except for Game 3 on Sat. May 23, which is on ABC and will have a half-hour pregame. Halftime of every game Postgame shows will air on ESPN for as long as TNT’s producers decide for them to. ESPN has allotted an hour after each game, but they can go longer at TNT’s discretion. For the ABC game, the first half-hour of the postgame will be on ABC, and it can go longer on ESPN if TNT producers wish. Draymond Green will have guest appearances on two nights during the ECF. As Inside the NBA has transitioned to ESPN under its licensing deal with TNT Sports, some critics have been unhappy that it does not run as long in the postgame as it did previously. However, the length of the show has remained under the purview of TNT producers, and an ESPN spokesperson confirmed to FOS that Scott Van Pelt’s SportsCenter programs can be pushed back as long as TNT wants to keep its NBA show going.

This article originally appeared on Hoops Hype:The network will begin broadcasting the series between …

The network will begin broadcasting the series between …

Advertisement ESPN’s plans for Inside the NBA for the Eastern Conference Finals have come into focus.The network will begin broad...
The world is 8 billion people, so it’s 8 billion …

Advertisement

USA TODAY

Jared Weiss: Asked Victor Wembanyama if he feels he is the best basketball player in the world now: “Do I feel like it right now? I feel tired. But it’s not a question I’m wondering right now. We’ll see.The world is 8 billion people, so it’s 8 billion opinions.”

This article originally appeared on Hoops Hype:The world is 8 billion people, so it’s 8 billion …

The world is 8 billion people, so it’s 8 billion …

Advertisement Jared Weiss: Asked Victor Wembanyama if he feels he is the best basketball player in the world now: “Do I feel like...
Alex Pereira dismisses Josh Hokit nonsense at UFC Freedom 250 press conference

Alex Pereirahad no idea what was going on when Josh Hokit was talking trash to him.

USA TODAY

During theUFC Freedom 250pre-fight press conference earlier this month, rising heavyweight star Hokit took aim at former champion Pereira, who doesn't speak English. UFC lightweight championIlia Topuriajumped to Pereira's defense by tossing an object toward Hokit.

Pereira, who was on Topuria's private plane to visit the White House ahead of their respective fights,reacted to the altercation.

"You guys saw it there. I don't understand English, and I think Topuria felt that he saw that, and he stepped up as a brother," Pereira told MMA Junkie through an interpreter. "Threw the bottle or whatever the case was on Hokit's face. You saw that he was going too far. To Hokit, how am I going to even talk about that guy? Maybe he's one of those that doesn't even get along with his family. You see how that guy has attitude. Maybe he doesn't get along with his brother, stuff like that."

Advertisement

The incident resulted in Hokit being escorted out of the press conference and the event ending prematurely. Pereira expects a lot more security when the pair cross paths again during fight week, but he doesn't plan on engaging Hokit.

"Fight week, after this, we're probably going to have a lot of people around not letting anything happen," Pereira said. "(I'm) just going to stay cool and composed like I always am. If on fight week this guy is able to get to me to try and do anything, it's just messed up by the organization. I'm going to stay the same."

Pereira meets Ciryl Gane for the interim heavyweight title in the UFC Freedom 250 co-main event on June 14. Meanwhile, Hokit takes on former title challenger Derrick Lewis. Topuria headlines the event when he takes on interim champ Justin Gaethje in a title-unification bout.

This article originally appeared on MMA Junkie:UFC Freedom 250: Alex Pereira dismisses Josh Hokit presser nonsense

Alex Pereira dismisses Josh Hokit nonsense at UFC Freedom 250 press conference

Alex Pereirahad no idea what was going on when Josh Hokit was talking trash to him. During theUFC Freedom 250pre-fight press conf...
NBA Playoffs 2026, odds: New York Knicks are biggest favorite for franchise in Eastern Conference Finals since at least 1988

The New York Knicks are their second consecutive Eastern Conference Finals, and if it seems like Knicks fans are excited about their team’s prospects to advance to the franchise’s first NBA Finals since 1999, the oddsmakers agree.

Yahoo Sports

The Knicks opened as huge -270 favorites in the ECF (implied probability of 73%), with the Cleveland Cavaliers as +220 underdogs. It is the biggest favorite that the Knicks franchise has been in an ECF since 1988, which isas far back as the Sports Odds History database goes.

Advertisement

In addition to having a terrific roster, New York is also aided by an astonishing rest advantage heading into the series, as the Cavaliers won Game 7 in a hard-fought series against the Detroit Pistons on Sunday and now will have to play again in less than 48 hours. The Knicks last played all the way back on Sunday, May 10, when they finished off the Philadelphia 76ers 144-114 in a four-game sweep.

New York has won seven straight playoff games by an average margin of over 26 points per game, after falling behind two games to one in its Round 1 series against the Atlanta Hawks.

The Knicks are 7.5-point home favorites in Game 1 on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.

NBA Playoffs 2026, odds: New York Knicks are biggest favorite for franchise in Eastern Conference Finals since at least 1988

The New York Knicks are their second consecutive Eastern Conference Finals, and if it seems like Knicks fans are excited about their te...
Shakira Acquitted in Tax Case as Spanish Government Must Return $70 Million: 'There Was Never Any Fraud,' Says Singer

Shakira has been acquitted of tax fraud related to her 2011 income by the Spanish High Court

People Shakira in July 2025Credit: Stefanie Keenan/Getty

NEED TO KNOW

  • A rep for Shakira tells PEOPLE the Spanish government must now return over €60 million (about $70 million) to the "Hips Don't Lie" singer

  • In a statement, Shakira criticized the tax agency's handling of her case, calling it a decade-long campaign to damage her reputation

Shakirahas been acquitted of tax fraud related to her 2011 income by the Spanish High Court.

The ruling was set on Monday, May 18, according toReutersand theBBC, with Spain's High Court overturning the €55 million (about $64 million) fine imposed in 2021 by the Spanish tax agency. A rep for Shakira tells PEOPLE the Spanish government must now return over €60 million (about $70 million) to the "Hips Don't Lie" singer, 49.

According to Shakira's rep, authorities were unable to prove the four-time Grammy winner spent 183 days in Spain in 2011, the minimum required amount for residents to pay personal income tax in the country. The ruling does not affect tax years after 2011, per Reuters and the BBC.

Shakira in May 2026Credit: Noam Galai/Getty

According to Reuters, the Spanish tax agency previously argued Shakira was linked to the country due to her previous relationship with Spanish former professional soccer player Gerard Piqué, with whom she shares sons Milan, 13, and Sasha, 11.

Shakira said in a statement, "After more than eight years of enduring brutal public targeting, orchestrated campaigns to destroy my reputation, and sleepless nights that ultimately impacted my health and my family's well-being, the National High Court has finally set the record straight."

"There was never any fraud, and the Administration itself could never prove otherwise, simply because it wasn't true," continued the "She Wolf" artist. "Yet, for nearly a decade, I was treated as guilty. Every step of the process was leaked, distorted, and amplified, using my name and public image to send a threatening message to the rest of the taxpayers."

Shakira added, "Today, that narrative crumbles, and it does so with the full force of a court ruling. My greatest wish is that this ruling sets a precedent for the Treasury and serves the thousands of ordinary citizens who are abused and crushed every day by a system that presumes their guilt and forces them to prove their innocence at the cost of economic and emotional ruin. This victory is dedicated to them."

Advertisement

José Luis Prada, a lawyer for Shakira and Managing Partner of Prada Tax Advisors, said in a statement, "This resolution comes after an eight-year ordeal that has taken an unacceptable toll, reflecting a highly flawed administrative practice."

Prada continued, "Shakira had the strength and resources to see this through to the end, but this modus operandi suffocates many ordinary taxpayers who do not have the means to defend themselves. For this reason, it is an immense relief and a source of deep pride to witness the rigor and independence of our courts."

Shakira in May 2025Credit: Getty Images

His statement concluded, "It comforts us to see that, when faced with unacceptable administrative stances, we can rely on a justice system that truly works and ensures the rule of law."

In November 2023,Shakira agreed to pay a $7.5 million fineand avoided a possible prison sentence after she was accused by prosecutors of six counts of tax fraud for failing to pay 14.5 million euro ($15.8 million) in income taxes between 2012 and 2014. At the time, she maintained her innocence and explained she settled the case for the sake of her sons.

In May 2024, Spanish prosecutorsdropped tax fraud charges against Shakirarelated to her 2018 income.

The "Whenever, Wherever" musician is currently gearing up for the next North American leg of her Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran World Tour throughout June and July. She'll then wrap the tour with 12 shows at Madrid's Shakira Stadium in September and October.

Read the original article onPeople

Shakira Acquitted in Tax Case as Spanish Government Must Return $70 Million: 'There Was Never Any Fraud,' Says Singer

Shakira has been acquitted of tax fraud related to her 2011 income by the Spanish High Court NEED TO KNOW A rep fo...

 

FORTE MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com