Concertgoer sues Donny Osmond, claims she was hit by giant ball at Vegas show - FORTE MAG

ShowBiz & Sports Celebrities Lifestyle

Hot

Thursday, February 19, 2026

Concertgoer sues Donny Osmond, claims she was hit by giant ball at Vegas show

Concertgoer sues Donny Osmond, claims she was hit by giant ball at Vegas show

Denise Truscello/Caesar's

Entertainment Weekly Donny Osmond performs in Las Vegas in 2021 Denise Truscello/Caesar's

Former teen idolDonny Osmondis known for breaking hearts, not heads. But one recent concertgoer has filed a lawsuit, claiming she was injured at one of his Las Vegas shows.

Joanne Julkowski is suing the "Puppy Love" singer after attending his Feb. 15, 2024, concert at Harrah's Las Vegas, where she alleges she was "suddenly and forcefully struck in the back of the head by one of the lighted balls that had been thrown or propelled into the crowd."

In a lawsuit filed in Nevada's Clark County, that was obtained byEntertainment Weekly, Julkowski said that she "sustained serious injuries, including a traumatic retinal eye injury to her right eye with retinal detachment requiring surgical intervention and resulting visual impairment, as well as associated head and neck injuries," which "required [her] to obtain extensive medical care."

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

The lawsuit said that Julkowski's experience had caused her to struggle emotionally, too.

She "has suffered severe emotional distress, including psychological trauma, fear, anxiety, PTSD, and loss of joy in life," as well as "physical pain, discomfort, disability, and limitations in her daily activities." The court documents also describe a loss of wages and "a loss of earning capacity."

Osmond is one of several defendants, including the venue and its parent company and Donny Osmond Concerts, Inc., named in the legal action.

Advertisement

Julkowski accused the singer andseason 9Dancing With the Starswinnerof having put her in danger.

"The oversized lighted balls used during the concert were designed and intended to be thrown or propelled through the audience while illuminated, and when so used, were capable of causing injury to concertgoers upon forceful impact," the document read.

She alleged that the venue was dim, "therefore reducing visibility for patrons and limiting their ability to perceive, track, and avoid the oversized, lighted balls moving through the crowd; and there were no adequate warnings, instructions, or safety measures communicated to patrons regarding the presence, use, or hazards of the balls."

Donny Osmond promotes his Harrah's residency Lee Cherry

Julkowski is seeking $15,000 in past and future medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity, attorney's fees, and punitive damages.

Her attorneys, Christian Morris Trial Attorneys, said in a statement toEntertainment Weekly: "The choice of this performer and this venue to intentionally launch large objects into a crowd shows a mentality that they prioritize entertainment value over the safety of their guests. The decision unnecessarily endangers people of all ages and can cause a multitude of injuries. This lawsuit brings these actions to light and seeks answers to those choices and asks for retribution for the injuries they caused to Joanne."

Entertainment Weeklyhas reached out to an attorney for Osmond and to Harrah's.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly