Brits icon rumoured for major Glastonbury Festival slot | BNKL9BU | 2024-03-11 21:08:01
Raye has reportedly been provided 'an enormous slot' at this yr's Glastonbury Pageant.
After headline talks with Stevie Marvel, 73, have apparently damaged down, co-organiser Emily Eavis is claimed to be eager to get the record-breaking Brit Award-winning star – who scooped six prizes at this month's bash – to play the most important slot potential over the weekend between June 26 and 30.
Fans have been worrying that this yr's lineup still hasn't been announced with just some months to go.
Nevertheless, Raye could possibly be set to seem close to the top of the bill, and it's stated Emily is a 'large fan' of the 26-year-old singer.
'Emily is a large fan of Raye. She loves her story of grafting for years and taking over the music business and report labels and profitable,' a supply advised The Solar.
'It was a no brainer to have her again at the farm however after her six Brits final month Emily now needs to offer her as massive a slot as potential.'
Earlier than Superstition hitmaker Stevie – who headlined in 2010 – was rumoured to be in talks, Madonna, 65, Coldplay and Dua Lipa, 28, have been the names hooked up to headlining this yr's pageant
Nevertheless, talks with the Material Woman hitmaker seemingly broke down after organisers Michael and Emily Eavis refused to pay the large charge to convey her Celebration reside show to Glasto.
A supply beforehand informed the Mail on Sunday: 'To be trustworthy it's been an actual blow not with the ability to nail down a cope with Madonna. Emily was so keen to have her play the legend slot.
'After she saw Madonna's tour in London in October she raved about her on Instagram, something she not often does with out Glastonbury in thoughts.
'However everyone knows that after last yr, and the criticism over the gender stability, we've received to have huge identify females heading the line-up.'
Coldplay have beforehand headlined the pageant in 2002, 2005, 2011, and 2016, while it will be Dua's first look as a headline act.
Emily previously hinted Madonna might be set to prime the bill.
Chatting with Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw on their Sidetracked with Annie and Nick podcast, she defined: 'I assumed it was type of taking shape, after which last week I simply obtained a name, and this is what happens for those who wait slightly longer, because very often we'll be booked up from July. But this yr we're holding out for a bit bit longer.
'And then final week I acquired a call from [a representative of] a very huge American artist saying, "This individual's round next yr", and I used to be like, "Oh my God, this is unimaginable. Thank God we held the slot." '
The timing of the call coincided with Emily seeing Madonna at The O2 in London, however she insisted individuals shouldn't read too much into her posting on-line concerning the gig.
She stated: 'It was unimaginable. I simply was blown away by it to be trustworthy. I walked away and I used to be like, "I've obtained to submit about this". I've posted about going to numerous gigs earlier than, however I didn't anticipate it to be fairly such massive information.
'Everyone knows that I've all the time needed Madonna to play Glastonbury. It's not an enormous information story.'
Obtained a narrative?
For those who've obtained a star story, video or footage get in contact with the Metro.co.uk leisure workforce by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff web page – we'd love to listen to from you.
MORE : Huge popstar tipped as Glastonbury headliner after Madonna talks 'break down'
MORE : Glastonbury must deliver world-class line-up to compete with this UK festival
More >> https://ift.tt/Y6FezQ2 Source: MAG NEWS