When is the 2026 World Cup roster deadline?

With the World Cup commencing on June 11, national teams from across the globe have either announced or are putting the finishing touches to their squad for the tournament.

USA TODAY

After the qualified nations provided FIFA a preliminary list featuring between 35 and 55 players, the associations will then reduce the squad size to no less than 23 and no more than 26 members (three of them must be goalkeepers).

National teams are allowed to announce their squads at any time, with the likes of France, England and many morereleasing their lists in recent days.

The deadline to submit final rosters to FIFA isJune 1.

Advertisement

On June 2, FIFA plans to announce the 26-player official squad lists for the 48 qualified nations.

Teams will have the ability to replace a player in the final roster with a player from provisional squad in the event of a serious injury or illness, no later than 24 hours before their team’s first match at the World Cup.

A goalkeeper in the final squad may be replaced by another goalkeeper from the provisional squad in the event of a serious injury or illness at any time during the tournament.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:2026 World Cup roster deadline: When do teams have to submit squads?

When is the 2026 World Cup roster deadline?

With the World Cup commencing on June 11, national teams from across the globe have either announced or are putting the finishing touch...
Jon Favreau explains why“ Mandalorian and Grogu” doesn't have the classic “Star Wars ”opening“ ”crawl

Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau explain why The Mandalorian and Grogu doesn't open with the traditional Star Wars crawl.

Entertainment Weekly Mando and Grogu; the 'Star Wars' crawlCredit: Nicola Goode/lucasfilm; lucasfilm

Key Points

  • Former Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy previously told Entertainment Weekly that all future Star Wars films would use the iconic yellow text.

  • Instead, Filoni and Favreau say they're saving the crawl specifically for Skywalker films.

Notice something missing fromThe Mandalorian and Grogu?

No, we're not talking aboutAhsoka or Admiral Thrawn.The big-screen adaptation of the popular Disney+ show doesn't feature another familiar component of theStar Warsuniverse — the iconic opening crawl.

The apparent omission comes despiteLucasfilmpresident Kathleen KennedytellingEntertainment Weeklyin 2023that those blocks of bright yellow text would continue sliding across the screen in all of the franchise's future films.

Instead,The Mandalorian and Grogu, now in theaters, delivers some opening context in a light blue font that remains stationary against a starry backdrop.

The crawl featured in 'A New Hope'Credit: lucasfilm

DirectorJon Favreauand his co-writer, Lucasfilm presidentDave Filoni, join EW'sDebunkedvideo series to explain.

"We've only seen the crawl in the Skywalker saga films," Favreau says, referring to the prequel, original, and sequel trilogies. "Solodid not have a crawl.Rogue Onedid not have a crawl."

Filoni notes that all the spinoff films and Disney+ series feature "a blurb that explains some context" thatStar Warsfans should know before they dive headfirst into a galaxy far, far away.

"Ahsokahas a version of a crawl, but we put it in red, and it's strictly vertical. It doesn't go back," he adds. "So we find different ways to do it."

Advertisement

For Filoni, these blurbs are a way to capture "the serial vibe" of the franchise. "But the classicStar Warscrawl is something that we try to reserve only for saga-type films," he says.

Get your daily dose of entertainment news, celebrity updates, and what to watch with ourEW Dispatch newsletter.

Favreau, meanwhile, vividly remembers seeing the very firstStar Warscrawl in theaters as a child.

"Such an iconic opening. So that's why we don't use the crawl for everything inStar Wars," he remarks. "There's so muchStar Warsnow, so Dave has explained, we save it for the saga."

And, sorry to the Skywalkers, but this is Mando (Pedro Pascal) and Grogu's time to shine. The bounty-hunting father-son duo makes the hyperjump from their Emmy-winning seriesThe Mandalorianto the big screen as they head out on a dangerous new adventure. Joining Mando and Grogu on their journey is Sigourney Weaver, who also participated in theDebunkedseries to address a theory that her character, Colonel Ward, might secretly be an Imperial spy.

"Is it possible? Well, it's an interesting question. You know, politics is difficult and creating a New Republic is difficult," she says. "This is a difficult job that she has, and I think she's been in the service a long time, so I guess it's possible, but unlikely that this woman who came up during the rebellion and is an X-wing fighter pilot would spend one second entertaining the idea of spying for the evil empire."

She adds, "I decide! Today! Now! No!"

The Mandalorian and Groguis in theaters now. Watch Pascal, Filoni, Weaver, and Favreau react to even more movie theories in the video above.

Read the original article onEntertainment Weekly

Jon Favreau explains why“ Mandalorian and Grogu” doesn't have the classic “Star Wars ”opening“ ”crawl

Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau explain why The Mandalorian and Grogu doesn't open with the traditional Star Wars crawl. Key Po...
Lena Dunham Says Her Husband Had Never Seen “Girls”, Initially Thought She Was Famous for Career as a Curve Model

Lena Dunham concluded her Famesick book tour on Wednesday, May 20, in Los Angeles with a Q&A with Girls castmate Rita Wilson

People Luis Felber and Lena Dunham on June 14, 2025 in New York City.Credit: Jason Mendez/Getty for Tribeca Festival)

NEED TO KNOW

  • During their conversation, Dunham revealed her husband, Luis Felber, initially thought she was famous for being a curve model

  • She explained to the crowd that his kindness and lack of preconceived notions about her made their connection special

Lena Dunhamis sharing that her husband wasn't aware of why she was a celebrity and believed she was famous for what she called the "loveliest" reason.

During the final stop of herFamesickbook tour, Dunham, 40, spoke with former castmateRita Wilsonabout her new memoir and the early stages of her relationship with her husband,Luis Felber.At the Wednesday, May 20, Q&A in Los Angeles, she reflected on her relationship and realized that Felber had not seen her work.

"The thing that was so amazing about meeting him, he'd never seenGirls," she said, before recalling that he was sent a message on Instagram, asking, "Do you think, do you think you could bear to eat dinner with this person?"

Dunham explained that his initial reaction upon receiving that message about dating the well-known woman was to assume it was because she was a curve model.

"He said, 'I thought you might be a curve model,' " she said. "I went, 'That is the loveliest thing I've ever heard,' " she told Wilson.

Wilson, 69, explained that it could be true, telling her to call famed plus-size modelAshley Graham. Dunham jokingly replied, "Well, I'm going to call her after this and see what she thinks I've got to do."

Lena Dunham and Luis Felber on September 20, 2022 in London, England.Credit: Mike Marsland/WireImage

She noted that Felber "didn't seem to come with a lot of preconceived ideas about who I was," adding, "He was present and interested but not too interested."

The creatorofToo Muchshares that Felber is "really amazing." The couple met in 2021 after they were set up on a blind date. A few months later, Dunham and Felbermoved in together. By September of that same year, theymarriedin an intimate ceremony. "I love to talk about him because he fills me with joy," she shared.

Advertisement

TheGirlscreator told PEOPLE in April that her husband is "aneffervescently kind person."

"And so all that other stuff, like him being funny and cute and cool and creative, is like the cherry on top," she continued. "Lou is able to really hold people's complexity and still do everything in a way that's very anchored in love."

Dunham also shared during the April interview that shefinally feels at home in her own skin.

“Occasionally, I’ll run into something in which somebody makes a comment about my weight or my appearance, and it does not affect me the same way that it used to," she said, explaining, "Because I am so aware of what my body is doing for me."

Lena Dunham on April 15, 2026 in New York City.Credit: Cindy Ord/Getty

Never miss a story — sign up forPEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer​​, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

In the years beforeFamesickwas published, whileGirlsaired, Dunham hadcandidly discussed criticism of her appearance, no matter her size. “I have been a sample size, I have had my body change because of life, illness, aging, menopause," she toldVarietyin July 2025. "And it is merciless wherever you are.”

The year prior, she toldThe New Yorkershewould not opt for onscreen roles. “I also think that I was not willing to have another experience like what I’d experienced aroundGirlsat this point in my life," she said. “Physically, I was just not up for having my body dissected again."

Famesickis available for purchase wherever books are sold.

Read the original article onPeople

Lena Dunham Says Her Husband Had Never Seen “Girls”, Initially Thought She Was Famous for Career as a Curve Model

Lena Dunham concluded her Famesick book tour on Wednesday, May 20, in Los Angeles with a Q&A with Girls castmate Rita Wilson ...
U.S. and Iran report progress on talks ending war, looking to next few days

By Michael Martina, Jana Choukeir and Eman Abouhassira

Reuters Chief of Defence Forces of Pakistan, Field Marshal Asim Munir is welcomed by Iranian Interior Minister Eskandar Momeni, upon his arrival, as a part of the ongoing mediation efforts between the U.S. and Iran, in Tehran, Iran, May 22, 2026. Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR)/Handout via REUTERS Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf meets with chief of Defence Forces of Pakistan, Field Marshal Asim Munir, in Tehran, Iran, May 23, 2026. Iranian Parliament Speaker Office/WANA (West Asia News Agency)/Handout via REUTERS Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian meets with chief of Defence Forces of Pakistan, Field Marshal Asim Munir, in Tehran, Iran, May 23, 2026. Iran's Presidential website/WANA (West Asia News Agency)/Handout via REUTERS Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian meets with chief of Defence Forces of Pakistan, Field Marshal Asim Munir, in Tehran, Iran, May 23, 2026. Iran's Presidential website/WANA (West Asia News Agency)/Handout via REUTERS

Chief of Defence Forces of Pakistan, Field Marshal Asim Munir, welcomed by Iranian Minister for Interior Eskandar Momeni, upon his arrival, in Tehran,

NEW DELHI/DUBAI, May 23 (Reuters) - Iran, the United States and mediator Pakistan all said on Saturday that progress had been made in talks on ending almost three months of war.

Tehran ‌is focused on finalising a memorandum of understanding, Iran's foreign ministry said after Iran's top negotiator Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf ‌and Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi met Asim Munir, Pakistan's army chief.

Munir also met President Masoud Pezeshkian before leaving Tehran, Iranian state media reported. The Pakistani army ​said negotiations over the previous 24 hours had resulted in "encouraging" progress towards a final understanding

U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio, who is visiting India, also said some progress had been made on Iran and that the U.S. might have "something to say" on the issue in the coming days.

"There's been some progress done, some progress made, even as I speak to you now, there's some work being done. There is ‌a chance that, whether it's later today, tomorrow, ⁠in a couple days, we may have something to say," Rubio told reporters in New Delhi.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baghaei added: "The trend this week has been towards a reduction in disputes, but there ⁠are still issues that need to be discussed through mediators. We will have to wait and see where the situation ends in the next three or four days."

U.S. AND IRAN BOTH REITERATE THEIR POSITIONS

Advertisement

Pakistan's mediation push aims to narrow differences between Iran and the U.S. after weeks ​of ​war that have left the vital waterway of the Strait of Hormuz ​closed to most shipping despite a nervous ceasefire, upending ‌global energy markets.

The talks reportedly centred on a 14-point document proposed by Iran, which it considers the main framework for the discussions, and messages exchanged between the two sides.

Baghaei said the issue of the U.S. blockade on Iran's shipping was important, but that its priority was ending the threat of new U.S. attacks and the ongoing conflict in Lebanon, where Iran-allied Hezbollah militants are fighting Israeli troops who have moved into the south.

Rubio repeated Trump's demands: "Iran can never have a nuclear weapon. The straits need to be open ‌without tolls. They need to turn over their enriched uranium."

Qalibaf said Iran ​would pursue its "legitimate rights", both on the battlefield and through diplomacy, but added ​that it could not trust "a party that has no ​honesty at all", an allegation Iran has made several times before.

He said Iran's armed forces had rebuilt ‌their capabilities during the ceasefire and that, if the ​United States "foolishly restarts the war", the ​consequences would be "more forceful and bitter" than at the start of the conflict.

U.S. President Donald Trump, whose ratings have been hit by the war's impact on energy prices for U.S. consumers, said on Friday he would not attend his son's ​wedding this weekend, citing Iran among reasons ‌he planned to stay in Washington.

Despite weeks of conflict, Iran has preserved its stockpile of near-weapons-grade enriched uranium as ​well as missile, drone and proxy capabilities that the United States and Israel say they aim to curb.

(Additional ​reporting by Jana Choukeir; editing by Philippa Fletcher and Kevin Liffey)

U.S. and Iran report progress on talks ending war, looking to next few days

By Michael Martina, Jana Choukeir and Eman Abouhassira Chief of Defence Forces of Pakistan, Field Marshal Asim Munir, welcomed...
Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista opening odds for UFC 329

Bantamweight title hopefulsCory Sandhagenand Mario Bautista aim to get closer to a shot at gold on the UFC 329 main card in July.

USA TODAY

Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista preview

Sandhagen (18-6 MMA, 11-5 UFC) returns to action after a unanimous decision loss in a title opportunity againstMerab Dvalishviliat UFC 320 in October. After hovering around the top of the division for years, Sandhagen finally broke through for a title shot with a win over Deiveson Figueiredo, but couldn't get the job done against Dvalishvili.

Advertisement

Bautista (17-3 MMA, 11-3 UFC) enters on the heels of a second-round submission win against Vinicius Oliveira in February. That result put him back in the win column after a unanimous decision loss to Umar Nurmagomedov in October, which snapped an eight-fight winning streak.

Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista odds

According to Caesars Sportsbook, Sandhagen is the favorite at -150, with Bautista set as a slight +125 underdog.

How to watch Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista at UFC 329

  • When: Saturday, July 11, 2026

  • Where: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas

  • Broadcast/streaming: Paramount+

This article originally appeared on MMA Junkie:Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista odds for UFC 329

Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista opening odds for UFC 329

Bantamweight title hopefulsCory Sandhagenand Mario Bautista aim to get closer to a shot at gold on the UFC 329 main card in July. ...
Nikola Jokic to play for Serbia this summer in World Cup Qualifiers

Advertisement

USA TODAY

Nikola Jokic will play in the July and August window, while the situation with captain Bogdan Bogdanović is somewhat more complicated. Namely, in an exclusive conversation with Mozzart Sport , Alimpijević revealed that he is in constant contact with Nikola Jokić , practically from the first moment since he took over the bench from Svetislav Pešić ."Nikola Jokić should be in both windows in July and August ," says Mozzart Sport , the coach of Serbia, who is currently in Athens for the Final Four of the Euroleague.

This article originally appeared on Hoops Hype:Nikola Jokic to play for Serbia this summer in World Cup Qualifiers

Nikola Jokic to play for Serbia this summer in World Cup Qualifiers

Advertisement Nikola Jokic will play in the July and August window, while the situation with captain Bogdan Bogdanović is somewha...
Reports: Giants DL Roy Robertson-Harris tears Achilles

Defensive lineman Roy Robertson-Harris of the New York Giants tore his right Achilles on Thursday during team OTAs, multiple outlets reported Friday.

Field Level Media

The injury occurred as he was rushing the passer in an 11-on-11 drill, according to The Athletic.

Robertson-Harris, 32, was a reliable contributor for the Giants last season after signing a two-year, $9 million contract. He started all 17 games and had 35 tackles and six quarterback hits.

He played 56% of the defensive snaps behind only Dexter Lawrence, who was traded to the Cincinnati Bengals in April. The Giants received the No. 10 pick of the 2026 draft, used to select offensive lineman Francis Mauigoa from Miami.

Advertisement

Robertson-Harris is a nine-year NFL veteran, having played with the Chicago Bears (2017-20), Jacksonville Jaguars (2021-24) and Seattle Seahawks (2024) before signing with the Giants.

He has appeared in 134 games (79 starts) and recorded 246 tackles, 73 quarterback hits and 19 sacks.

The Giants signed veteran defensive linemen Shelby Harris and DJ Reader earlier this year and will need Darius Alexander and Bobby Jamison-Travis to be ready to play.

Alexander was a third-round draft pick in 2025, and the Giants selected Jamison-Travis in the sixth round this year.

--Field Level Media

Reports: Giants DL Roy Robertson-Harris tears Achilles

Defensive lineman Roy Robertson-Harris of the New York Giants tore his right Achilles on Thursday during team OTAs, multiple outlets re...

 

FORTE MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com